Principal’s Corner…for October 23, 2016
Thanks so much to all those folks who came to our Family Movie Night on Friday, the 14th. It was absolutely delightful! The new system in the auditorium adds so much to such an activity. The screen can be seen clearly from all over the auditorium and the sound is perfect! Can’t wait till we do it again – AND you can be sure we will indeed be doing it again! Thanks too from Parish Social Ministry for helping to stock their pantry with the entrance fee of nonperishable food.
We are already to the final week of school for October. The time is passing quickly and the weather is keeping us on our toes. There have been some days when we were freezing in the school and yet others that were the exact opposite. It was funny to see our young friends still wearing their shorts BUT with a sweatshirt!! Well, just to remind everyone, the summer uniform can only be worn for a few more days. The traditional school uniform is to be worn starting November 2nd. Please make a note of that.
This week the PSA is sponsoring the FALL BOOK FAIR on Monday and Tuesday. In addition to the regular class visits, there is a MILK AND COOKIE HOUR on Monday evening, October 24th from 6:30 to 7:30. All are welcome to attend. If, by chance, you can’t make the fair, you still have the option of looking at all the selections online through our book fair homepage. You can find us using the link: http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/findafair. Join the adventures of reading!
Let’s look at this week’s schedule:
- Monday: FALL BOOK FAIR with evening hour; Baked ziti at lunch; Chorus after school
- Tuesday: FALL BOOK FAIR continues; Enterprise for Grades 3 and 4; Deli sandwiches; Parish Children’s Choir from 5-6 PM in the auditorium
- Wednesday: Band lessons with Full Band at 8:00 AM; Enterprise for Grades 5-6; Pizza lunch
- Thursday: Hot pretzels at lunch; Math Enrichment for Grade 8 at lunchtime;
- Friday: Bagel day; Book Club for Grades 5-6 after school till 3:45
- Saturday: Catholic High School Entrance Exam
Please note that the annual 8TH GRADE YARD SALE will take place the first Saturday of November. Come and see what they have to offer. They’re gathering great raffle prizes, which alone would make a visit to the sale worthwhile.