Principal’s Corner…for April 24, 2016
It is most important that on this day after the big event, we (the St. Raymond School Family) thank all of you who supported us in our annual Night at the Races. The fun part of the evening is the excitement that bubbles up for each of the televised races. If winning is based on the amount of fun and laughter, then I’d have to say that we all were winners! Once again the food was tasty, the beverages flowed, the races were exciting and the auction was a great hit! The creative juices in the school never fail to flow! Thanks to Father Chuck and the School Board for all the “behind the scenes” work that they did – AND to all who came to enjoy the night. God bless you all.
Now we’re at the last week of April and happily we can say that NYS testing is finished for the present time. Later in the school year our 4th and 8th graders will be taking the Science program test. For now, let us breathe in the fresh air and enjoy the beautiful days that the Lord has given us.
Here’s a look at the week ahead. First of all let me remind everyone that we already had our spring break and are in school this week.
- Monday – School Mass at 8:45 am hosted by the First Grade; Baked ziti at lunch; Chorus after school in the Music Room
- Tuesday – Deli sandwiches at lunch; Junior Art Club for K-3 after school; Spirit baseball vs St. Mary’s @ Seaman’s Neck; Parish Children’s Choir from 5-6 pm in the auditorium
- Wednesday – Administrative Assistant Day; Band lessons with Full Experienced Band at 8:00 am and Beginner Band at 11:00 am; Pizza day; Spirit softball after school at Hickey East
- Thursday – Hot pretzels; Math Enrichment at lunchtime; Chess Club
- Friday – Bagel day; 8th Grade Book Club after school; Spirit baseball vs St. William’s at Seaman’s Neck; SPECIAL PERSONS DANCE
Please note that this Wednesday is Administrative Assistant Day (formerly known as “Secretary’s Day”). It is a perfect time for us to thank our beloved Mrs. Giglio for all she does for all of us each and every day. There is no need for me to tell you of the many kindnesses that she shows to all of our children and their parents. Whisper a little prayer for our special Administrative Assistant on Wednesday.
Next Sunday is the annual Elementary Schools Special Collection. Please note that half of all money collected stays here with St. Raymond School. Our parishioners are always most generous and we are most grateful for whatever you do. Thank you so much for helping our school stay as good as we are! Interested in becoming a part of this special family? Registration for the upcoming year is taking place NOW. Please contact the school office (593-9010) for more information and to arrange a tour of the facility. We’d love to meet you.